Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Give Thanks With a Laugh

It's Thanksgiving Eve, time to make a list of my blessings and watch Planes, Trains and Automobiles -- a Thanksgiving classic comedy! I've seen it umpteen times, and still laugh all the way through it. John Candy and Steve Martin are brilliant.

My favorite part:

[another driver is trying to alert them that they're driving on the wrong side of the highway]

Neal: He says we're going the wrong way...

Del: Oh, he's drunk. How would he know where we're going?


Another funny part:

[waking up after sharing the same bed on the motel]

Neal: Del... Why did you kiss my ear?

Del: Why are you holding my hand?

Neal: [frowns] Where's your other hand?

Del: Between two pillows...

Neal: Those aren't pillows!


Our Christmas movie tradition is National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, another one I never get tired of. I still laugh every time I see Cousin Eddie drinking eggnog wearing a tight white sweater with a black dickie showing underneath.

1 comment: