Monday, April 19, 2010

Never a Dull Moment

I got home from Artfest and hit the ground running. The pregnancy center where I work is in transition, which requires a lot of my mental energy at least 20 hours a week.

My house is always a wreck and as soon as I get it clean enough to feel like I can relax and enjoy an art project or a trashy magazine, I've run out of time to relax and enjoy anything.

My two girls think they must be entertained every waking minute of every day. If I sit down for one second, even if it's to tie my shoes, they are immediately hanging on me -- wallowing and wanting something.

I spent one weekend in Billings with a good friend at the Women of Faith conference. this last weekend was Jamie's birthday weekend. Next weekend is Caroline's theater performance and Eliza's ballet school's company performance of "Sleeping Beauty," which we can't miss.

I have made myself a promise to be more diligent about working out...warding off not only butt jiggle, but also osteoporosis and pure ol' doldrums. Fitting that in is like putting 100-pound JEB in 4-pound Rey Ray's kennel. Some part is going to get left out.

Then there's the other part of my house: downstairs, which I haven't even seen for weeks. Oh, but the kids have. They have been down there with no adult supervision. I'm so scared to see what is left for me.

Oh, and did I mention that Rey Ray is not potty trained yet? Oh yea, I woke up to a turd in my bedroom floor this morning.

The good news is that spring has finally come to Helena, Montana, and I plan to soak up every ounce of warmth and sunshine until winter comes...hopefully enough to get me through another long Montana winter. It is so easy for a woman to ignore these pressures when she can go outside and enjoy such a beautiful place. Just yesterday I went for a short run (because I haven't run since last summer and I could go any farther!) and an even shorter bike ride. Short but sweet!

Today is supposed to be in the 70's. I am a happy woman!



1 comment:

Roger Howell said...

You need some old people living down in the basement to keep order.
They also want breakfast in bed on weekends.