Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Do Me A Favor?

Eleven years ago, I had a skin biopsy removed that turned out to be
Stage 1 Melanoma.

January 2007, I had another one come back Melanoma In Situ.

Between the two Big-M diagnoses, I have had several abnormal biopsies.
My back looks like I've been hit with bird shot. Jamie sometimes calls me "Frankensteen." He's a goof ball.

Well, I got a call from my dermatologist's office this week. The biopsy
she removed last week came back "moderately-to-severely abnormal" and
she has to cut out a bigger chunk to "clear the margins." That will be
the end of January.

It seems pretty clear that this melanoma monster is out to get me. I go
to Dr. Vellanki, my dermatologist (who has caught them all so far) for
skin checks every three months, and she is very cautious. But this thing
is scary. I know Heaven will be great, but I'm not in any hurry to get
there!

So what I'm asking you to do is this: Whenever you think of me, please
visualize me as a great-grandmother, holding and playing with my great-grandchildren. See my face and hands all wrinkled and see me very old.

If you are a believer, please ask the Lord for complete healing for me
from this disease and my tendency toward it. And believe it is done.
Know it. And Thank Him for it.

I hope this is not too much to ask.

Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe
that you have received it
, and it will be yours.
Mark 11:24
(New International Version)

"Again, I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about
anything you ask for
, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven.
For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them."
Matthew 18:19-20 (New International Version)

Will you do this for me?

9 comments:

Jessi said...

YES, I will do this!

HC said...

Lori,
You are in my prayers every day. I know God has big plans for you on this planet.
Love,
Aunt Bonnie

Unknown said...

We will always and forever pray for you to be in good health. You light up this world with your energy!

Jen said...

I will pray for you every time I think of you!

Roger Howell said...

I pray for you every day Lori. Youi are the light of my life. Mom.

Unknown said...

Lori,
So sorry, didn't know you have been dealing with this - you are always so upbeat. You are in my thoughts and prayers - and will be even more now - and you WILL be that grandma holding those many many grandbabies - I believe that. Love, prayers, hugs. Michelle

Unknown said...

Dear Lori,
So sorry, didn't know you have been dealing with this - you are always so upbeat. You are in my thoughts and prayers - and will be even more now - and you WILL be that grandma holding those many many grandbabies - I believe that. Love, prayers, hugs. Michelle

Lori said...

Thanks so much, y'all@

Doug said...

Lori,

I will add your having excellent health to my morning meditation of "good things that are going to happen today."

Doug, the Halloween volunteer.