Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Stu-Stu-Studio...OhOh...

My friend Chris and I have found the perfect spot for our shared studio, where we will create all kinds of art. Take a look at the pictures I took today with my camera phone. It is truly a dream!
It is located in Reeder's Alley, which 100 years ago was a mining camp, and the tiny little rooms now rented by artists and writers and massage therapists are where miners once slept after long days of mining for gold. The brick walkway and stone walls are so cool, and in the summer we can spread out a little to the sidewalk and play our guitars and even sell our wares.

One wall inthe studio is this beautiful stone wall. By the way, there is not one square corner or anything else in the space. It's just great.
The "For Rent" sign will be coming down in the next day or two when Chris and I can coordinate our schedules and get down there to sign the lease.

This views looks down the alley toward our main street, Last Chance Gulch. Yes, that is snow on the mountains. We will have a sign hanging down from the wrought iron sign hanger above our door. Our studio address is 119 Reeders' Alley. Summers here will be beautiful. I am so excited I can hardly sit still.

6 comments:

Chris Taleff said...

ME TOO! Hopefully we can sign tomorrow and start workin away. Nice pic of the stone wall. I call that wall! :)

SCRT said...

Wahoo! I'm so excited for you guys. I can't wait to make my first visit to your wonderful shop!

Roger Howell said...

Later people will say "can you believe this giant venture began in a tiny shop somewhere in Montana"

HC said...

Since I am trying to catch up. Tell us more about this venture with your friend Chris. What kind of art will you be displaying, etc.?

Harley girl wanna be said...

I am so with Roger "Big things come i small packages". That little shop is only the beginning of Big things! Chris gets the cool stone wall....Lori gets the sign????:)

SHC313 said...

I can't f###ing stand it!! How great to have a place away from the house and all its distractions where you can give 100% to your creative energy! I'm so excited I think I just peed a little in my pants. You deserve it, Lori!